Monday, April 6, 2009

Katie's Theatre Resume

As promised (semi-egotistically) in the note before, here is a brief rundown of my current list of theatre credits. No, it is not my actual resume; that's saved somewhere on my home computer. I just thought it might be helpful to list my prior experience as a way of showing my qualifications in this subject area. Although, to be honest, much of my Insane Fount of Broadway Trivia comes from other means. They didn't used to call me Miss Broadway.com for nothing ;)

Notable Roles
  • Nancy, "Oliver!" (Encompass, 2009)
  • Ghost of Christmas Past, "Scrooge!" (Encompass, 2008)
  • Mollie Ralston, "The Mousetrap" (Encompass, 2008)
  • Little Red Ridinghood, "Into the Woods" (Friends University, 2008)
  • Mrs. Stephenson, "Sorry, Wrong Number" (Friends University, 2007)
  • Lucy Van Pelt, "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown" (Wichita Children's Theatre and Dance Center, 2006)
  • Lowbutt, "Honk!" (Friends University, 2006)
  • Jane Cratchitt/Young Belle, "A Marley County Christmas" (Stage One, 2005)
  • Lenya Zubritsky, "Fools" (Friends University, 2005)
  • Robin, "Godspell" (Wichita Children's Theatre and Dance Center, 2005)
  • Featured Soloist ("Storybook"), MTW Teen Choir (Music Theatre of Wichita, 2003)
  • Featured Soloist ("On My Own"), Words and Music: 2003 Tony Awards (Stage One, 2003)
  • Whore 1, "Les Miserables" (Music Theatre for Young People, 2003)
  • Bickle, "Footloose" (East High School, 2002)

I have done additional shows at Music Theatre of Wichita, Stage One, Music Theatre for Young People, and while in school at both Friends University and East High. I've also been in choirs since I was "knee-high to a pig's eye." Notable choral groups include Singing Quaker Alumni Choir, Singing Quakers, 2003 KMEA State Honor Choir, District 6 Honor Choir (2001-2003), All City Honor Choir (2002), and Wichita Children's Community Choir.

So there you have it...not the most impressive resume in the world, but it at least shows that I have at least a little bit of first-hand knowledge about how the theatre scene in Wichita works.

~Katie Doornbos

No comments:

Post a Comment